Students and their unconditional love

 An interesting year this has been!

In my more than 20 years as a teacher and tutor, I have never encountered such an overwhelming moment as the present one.
I am experiencing love that is so powerful that it humbles me.

The universe has shown us that we can receiving so much when we give selflessly. I wish I have the right words to express what I'm feeling, but I am no wordsmith. However, I can just share what happened.

A levels results came out yesterday.

One student did poorly. She is one of my most hardworking student. Although I had predicted an A, she got a D. This is not uncommon, as various factors can impact the results, even when the students are prepared. Perhaps misread a question or marked the wrong answer. Nonetheless, this child is cot a weak student, and I know that she can do better.

The most vulnerable moment came when my student cried to her mom and expresses her concern about facing me. She was so sorry to disappoint and thought I would be disheartened.
How much love could a child have to feel sorry fer her teacher?
All I wanted to do was to give her a big hug and assure her we would get through this together.

She has unknowingly shown me how beautiful the world can be even when we have not met in person. Our lessons have been online all this time.

As I go to bed tonight, I am filled with warm feeling sprinkled with heavy dose of love.